– Charles Darwin wrote “The Origin of the Species” in 1859.
– What he observed was very small variation in the length and breadth of the beaks of finches. Finches are small birds found in the Galapagos Islands, off the Western cost of South America.
– Darwin actually noted variation within a species, or variation of a kind.
– These variations in the bird’s beaks were so minor that later visitors to the Islands had trouble identifying the variations.
– What Darwin actually observed was Micro-Evolution, or variation within one species of bird, which we all see all the time.
– Darwin need not have bothered to travel to the Galapagos Islands to observe Micro-Evolution, or variation within species.
– Everyone sees evidence of variation within a species all the time.
– Darwin did not observe Macro-Evolution, the changing of one species into another, for example a lizard turning into a bird.
– Macro-Evolution has never been observed by anybody.
– Darwin observed variation of a species within a kind, namely Micro-Evolution, which is commonly observed in every country in the world.
– Macro-Evolution is defined as the mutation of one species to another species, and has never been observed.
– Since Evolution is supposed to happen very slowly, there should be plenty of examples of Evolution all around us, with new species being
formed all the time.
– However, no evolutionist has ever actually produced one living example of a species actually changing into another species.
– A number of fossil relics and skeletons have been produced, claiming to demonstrate Macro-Evolution.
– However, these fossil remains are hotly debated, some have been shown to be frauds, and Carbon Dating itself is not accepted by many Creationists.
– If Evolution was true, the total number of species in the world should be increasing every year.
– In fact, the number of species in the world is declining every year, according to the World Wildlife Organisation.
Micro-Evolution is defined as the variation within one kind of species. There are large number of dogs found all over the world. Dog DNA has a gene pool for long legs, short legs, long hair, short hair, large bodies and small bodies etc. Since dogs share the same common gene pool, dogs may be interbred with other kinds of dogs, and the resultant dog is called a mongrel dog, with features common to both parents. The same may be found with cats, horses, rabbits, guinea pigs, and many other animals commonly seen.
However, it is not possible to interbreed a dog with a rabbit. These different species do not share the same gene pool. In rare cases distantly related species may be interbred, such as a horse with a donkey. However, the resultant offspring is invariably sterile, and unable to continue this new “species”.
In Contrast with Macro-Evolution, Micro-Evolution is defined as the variation within one kind of species and is very commonly observed. Examples of Micro-Evolution include the variation between kinds of dogs, cats, birds, horses, and ducks.
Charles Darwin need not have bothered to travel to the Galapagos Islands, he could have easily noticed Micro-Evolution amongst domestic pets in his own home, or birds in his own garden. Charles Darwin did not observe Macro-Evolution, but Micro-Evolution, which is commonly observed on an everyday basis.
Melanic and Typica Pepper Moths
Another so called “proof” of Evolution, often quoted, is the natural selection of moths in England, according to the colour of their wings in England during the Industrial Revolution. At this time there was considerable industrial pollution near large cities, and black coal dust was deposited on the barks of trees, making the trees darker.
It was noticed that the moths with dark coloured wings, the Melanic moths, were better adapted to their environment, and were better camouflaged. The Melanic moths were therefore not as clearly seen by birds, their natural predators, as the moths with light coloured wings, known as the Typica pepper moths, against the dark bark of trees.
This discovery was hailed as a great breakthrough in proving Natural Selection by “Survival of the Fittest” as the mechanism for Evolution.
However, this Natural selection only applies within a kind, or species. It certainly applies to Micro-Evolution, and is commonly seen throughout mature. However, it certainly does not prove Macro-Evolution, which has never been observed anywhere.
Darwin proposed his Theory of Evolution on the basis of:
1. Variation within species, using his example of the length and breadth of finches’ beaks in the Galapagos Islands.
2. Survival of the fittest, strongest and best adapted animals.
3. Gene mutation as his proposed method for providing new genetic information fro new species or kinds of living organisms.
Gene Mutation does NOT provide new useful genetic information
Mutation in the DNA code within every cell of every living organism is commonly observed, and can be caused by:
However, all actual observed Gene Mutations cause disease or malformation. Examples of these include:
1. Down’s syndrome.
2. Spina bifida.
3. Anencephaly (absent head).
4. Tragic foetal abnormalities caused by drugs such as Thalidomide.
5. Tragic increase of cancer following the nuclear explosion in Chernobyl.
6. Tragic increase in cancer following the nuclear explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Conclusion: Gene mutation, as proposed by Charles Darwin, according to actual observation does NOT lead to the development of a new gene pool, and does NOT lead to a new species.
Natural Selection does NOT lead to Macro-Evolution
- Natural selection provides no new genetic information from which a new species can evolve.
- Natural selection actually preserves the species, rather than encouraging the Evolution of a mutant.
- Mutations, as actually observed, are abnormal mutations, which are selected against.
Science does NOT support Evolution
– Darwin postulated that Evolution occurs very slowly, but there are no intermediate fossil forms.
– All observed information systems, as found in DNA, require an outside programming Intelligence, such as a Designer, a Creator, God.
“Simple” life forms, such as Amoebas are in fact incredibly complex, because these unicellular organisms contain DNA.
– Evolution is not supported by Molecular Biology.
– For example, different kinds of fish and animals have different haemoglobin.
– To create anything, on this planet, or in the Universe, you need both Power and Information.
– Information cannot create itself, and cannot harness itself in the highly complex DNA of all living organisms without and Outside Agency, Who the Bible refers to as God.